Saturday, September 18, 2010

BUELLERSHIP Contest DAY 2


Here are the winning entries for Day TWO of the Buellership Contest!
*Editor's Note: Ferris Bueller didn't use spellcheck and you shouldn't either. These stories are straight raw and uncut from the OG story tellers.

Austin Mullen
Breckenridge, CO
"Early Work Release"

"Basically my story starts off in highschool, the glory days of bailing and sneaking out of school to go skiing. I grew up in Minnesota in a town they call Chaska. Everyday after school I would shred a small hill called Hyland, classes got out around 3 every afternoon and I'd instantly bail and head to the hill. I had my car pack with all my gear and sped out of the parking lot and would make it to the hill by around 3:30 and up the rope tow by 4. The place was lit up at night which means night shredding, and with night comes ice. Lots and lots of it.

Getting to ski during the day was amazing, no ice and no crowds. So, a few times a month I'd have a friend call in and pretend to be my dad, he would make up excuse about why I wouldn't be in school that day. Most of the times the story was me being sick and throwing up green stuff. Those were the best days, got to the hill at 10 and shredded all day with the older fellas and had the place to ourselves. It was awesome.

Now during senior year I got tired of arriving at hyland around 4 and having all the features being at rutted out. So I came up with this amazing idea. At my school we had a program called "early work release" which allows you to leave school at 1 and go to work. Well the best part is, at this time of my life I was jobless and poor and still skiing everyday. I somehow managed to convince my mom to pretend to be my manager at my fake job. And it worked, the teacher would call my "manager" once a week to make sure I was actually working. I used my awesome photoshop skills (took countless numbers of art and computer classes in school) to make paycheck stubs to bring in to the teach. For the entire winter semester I got to leave school at 1 to go to "work", which was amazing cause I was actually going skiing. I managed to graduate highschool early, no idea how.... and no I did not drop out and moved right to the mountains.

I moved right to Breckenridge to ski and go to CMC. Last winter I skipped to much class for powder days at Beaver Creek , so now I think it may be smart not to go to school. Which is my plan this winter. Hope you've enjoyed my story, cause schools for fools and skiings for cools."

KC Brousseau
Whiteface, NY
"Teachers are Dope Too!"

Here is my story,

So a few years ago I had this teacher named Bill frasier. He taught history, everyone's least favorite class and by far the most boring. This teacher was mad chill though, rode mountain bikes and skied just like me. In class we'd always share story's about our best ski days or best days on our bikes. That fall we actually went mountain biking together a lot. But anyways, sometime around mid february we were getting dumped on (something that NEVER happens in upstate new york). I had just taken a week off of school to do a race camp (yes i was still a racer at the time) so my rents were NOT stoked about skipping another day to go shred. So I went to school that day and watched the windows the whole time at the snow falling, almost wanting to cry the whole day. Went home that afternoon and was just doing homework when I got a phone call, from who else but my good friend and teacher Bill. He said that he was planning on skipping school the next day and asked if I was down to go shred. I told him how my parents weren't going to let me skip because I had just missed the whole week and he said "don't worry, come to school, I've got a plan." So the next day I hop the bus to school like any regular day and when I'm about to get off the bus I get another phone call, Bill again. He said he was in the staff parking lot and to go meet him there. So I went over and met him and he asked if my parents were home and i told him they were off at work already. We hop in his car, stop by my house to get all my gear, then head straight to the mountain. Because it was a weekday it wasn't very packed so we had freshies all day. About mid-morning we're just riding up the lift chatting about how epic today is and he asks, " you wanna make it even more epic?" I'm like "sure" and out from his pocket comes the fattest most perfectly rolled *&%@ i think i've ever seen in my life. Needless to say we had some good teacher-student bonding time that day and the next day he got into the schools computer system and marked me in attendance for that day so my parents never found out a thing. To this day we continue to shred together in both the summer and winter and he is by far the coolest teacher I've ever met.


No comments:

Post a Comment