Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Defining Style with Simon Ericson

Proving that style is greater than technicality, Simon Ericson travels the world dropping knowledge in terrain parks from Mammoth, to Breckenridge, to Europe. Last winter, the young Swede filmed for the B & E Show with Henrik Harlaut and Phil Casabon, competed in events throughout Europe, coached at Momentum in Whistler, BC and put on style clinics wherever he went. If you had the opportunity to meet Simon throughout his travels, you too are amazed with his control on skis and ability to make difficult tricks seem effortless on the most aggressive of features. Combine his flawless style with a friendly and positive attitude, and you have the recipe for one of the most relaxed and genuinely happy skiers on the international scene. New to the Joystick team, Simon sat down and did a mini-interview for the blog. Here's what he had to say:



ORIGIN:

I grew up skiing in a really small ski area Vasjobacken, Sweden. Its a really small but mad fun place to ski!


MUSIC:

All them WU songs, Redman and mad reggae music



TRICKS:

5 blunt is allways a good time but sw 5 shiffty is even better hehe


2011 AGENDA:

I really hope I can ski Breck for a really long time! And try to do a few contests and really want to do a lot of filming and get shoots!!


GOALS:

Hopefully get on the podium on some contests! and really want to get a good movie segment and having a good time with all my homies skiing!!!



FILMING:

I have been filming with The Secondhands this season. And a few things with The B&E show! that hopefully gonna be the sickest for next year!


INFLUENCE:

I really like B Dog's style for sure but I have to say Hornbeck is da best! just cruisin and skiing fast!!! i could watch that for days


DREAMS:

I have never been dreaming of being a pro skiier.. I have allways just want'ed to go everywhere skiing and having the most fun, because thats the part I love about skiing!!!!




PLACES:

Breck is my favorite spot skiing winter time and mammoth is sucha fun place to ski spring time!!


SPONSORS:

Salomon, Gesunda, Dragon and Joystick


PARTING WORDS:

Big thanks to my sponsors and to Joystick for taking your time doing this with me!!! And cant wait to ski again with all homies!!!! PEACE


No comments:

Post a Comment