Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Matt Margetts: Thanks for Slaying!!!!!

I recall shredding with Matt Margetts at the 2nd annual West Coast Session in 2008. He was filming for Voleurz "Outdoor Education" and absolutely destroyed every feature he touched. Noticeably more talented, aggressive, and energetic than the rest, there was no question he would solidify his name among the best in the world. Two years later, Margetts travels the world competing, filming, and and genuinely enjoying the lifestyle he's worked so hard to create. A tremendous asset to the Joystick team, we sat down with Marg to gain some insight into his lifestyle, interest, and personal history. Welcome to the world of Matt Margetts:



My favorite trick is a Cork 3

To chicks, the secret to spitting game is just be mad confident and dont be afraid to make a lot of shit up. For freestyling rhyme, flow, and make fun of things.

I grew up skiing at Apex Mountain Resort near Penticton BC

Falling and shitty weather, are my least favorite aspects of skiing....but how else are we going to get that powder?

There isn't just one influential person in my life, but if I had to narrow it down to skiing, probably Justin Dorey

I've only read a couple books cover to cover, but I've seen a ton of movies. I need to read more often.

Lame as it sounds, Entourage or maybe East Bound and Down are my favorite HBO series

I'm more of a fighter, but I love starting fires.

My typical season starts at the end of November after a couple solid months of working construction back home. I go to CO with the Canadian Halfpipe Team and rent out this balling farmhouse in Dillon. Shred the pipe at Copper, shred park at Keystone, and bounce on the tramps at Woodward in the evenings. Compete in the 1st Dew Tour at Breck. Go home for xmas, visit the fam. Then shred some much needed west coast powder and shoot with Voleurz. Find the best pipe in North America and train for the next Dew Tour and X Games. Compete at Dew 2 and then the greatest contest ever XGames. Then last stop of the Dew Tour, Euro Open, Euro X. Last chance at some backcountry filming. Compete in ,WSI, Telus Fest, Orage Masters. Spring Park shoots. Maybe a week in Tofino for some much needed relaxation and waveboarding. Coaching summer camp at Camp Of Champions. Then finally some summer time back home in Penticton.

I set off a fire extinguisher on Jeff Schmuck in Japan. Threw a fish in a fire. Threw a microwave off a 9th story balcony. Knocked out two guys in one night. I've done many a reckless things. I couldn't narrow it down to one

My style in three words: Matt Mar Getts

I have no time for.....Waiting. Lack of Manners. Getting hung up on, Injuries, people not cleaning up after themselves

lies, waste, and diseases are the most disappointing things about the human race

I can bench 80-maybe 85lbs

Most prized possession? I don't really own anything yet. My surfboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment