Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DAY 5: Buellership!




Miles Holland
Age 17
Squaw Valley, CA
"Sneak and Destory"

So last year I convinced my parents to let me ski with my friends the weekend before finals uder the pretense that I would study and be home in time for school. On sunday night, it started to DUMP, so I decided to stay. Woke up monday morning, called my parents to tell them that I had gone straight to school, then had my friend call the school to tell them I was too sick to come in that day.

Everybody bought the story and I spent the day skiing with my friends (different school, so they didn't have finals) in about a foot of fresh powder with no crowds. It was without a doubt, the best day of my season! After skiing I called my parents to tell them I was heading over to my friends house after school and would be home for dinner. Then I drove home, snuck my skis inside and went to dinner. They never suspected a thing!

The next day, I went to school and made up my finals and even got an A in precalc. The rest of the week went as normal and I went skiing that weekend as well.




John Turley
Age 22
Kamloops, BC
"Choices"

Life is meaningless without pursuing our passions and our lives are defined by the choices that we make. Life may present us with difficult choices, such as,

Supercritical fluid extraction is:
A) a process by which a sample is heated to remove chemical species to the gaseous phase
B) a process by which a sample has gas flowed through it in order to remove chemical species (may be accompanied by heat)
C) a process by which a chemical species associated with a solid phase are removed by passing a fluid through it

and easy choices like, should I go to my Chemistry 152 final exam or should I go to opening day at Revelstoke Mountain Resort? Hmmmmmm, Revelstoke here I come!!

Revelstoke averages 450 inches of snow and on December 14th 2009 I swear that they had already surpassed that mark. My brother and I spun hot laps all day down the North Bowl and through the trees off of The Stoke Chair. There were instances where the snow was so deep and so blower that I had to stop because I was literally choking on pow. I put on my balaclava after that because I knew that this day was way too epic and I wasn't gonna waste any more time coughing up snowballs.

I'm re-doing Chem 152 this semester, but they haven't announced the final exam date yet. Revy is slated to reopen on December 3rd so regardless of my exam schedule I know where I'll be!

- John Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment